Full course description
This is a self-paced course designed for beginners or anyone who relies on a private well for their household drinking water. This course is offered through Clemson Cooperative Extension and will help participants learn about ensuring your well provides safe drinking water. We're excited that you've decided to embark on this journey to learn more about your drinking water.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic factors that can impact groundwater quality.
- Properly identify well components and understand basic maintenance needs.
- Collect and submit a water quality sample for testing.
- Correctly read and discuss water quality test results.
- Take action to protect groundwater.
Be Well Informed provides basic information for people relying on private drinking water wells including a basic introduction to groundwater, well components, well maintenance, and relevant water quality issues.
There are no prerequisite requirements for this course. If your household water is provided by a private well, this course is for you!
In order to receive full credit and a certificate for this course, you must complete all pre-quizzes, watch all instructional videos, and score a 2 out of 3 on all post-quizzes.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.