Full course description
In this course, 4-H members and their families will discover the fun of basic family genealogy and family folklore. This course has nine lessons about your family and what makes them special. Lesson topics include your family tree, values, history, food, photos, and more! Each lesson will walk you through activities you can do together to learn and discover more about your family.
If you are not yet a 4-H member, you can find information on how to register on the 4-H Youth Development website. If you are already a member of 4-H, please use the code 4hmember when registering.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Share who your family is and what makes them unique.
- Describe values, traditions, and stories that are important to you and your family.
- Develop your personal leadership skills.
The course lessons are designed for your family to complete one lesson per month, but you can move through the course at your own pace. Some lessons are longer than others, and how much time you spend each month will also depend on how many family members you want to talk with!
Families are encouraged to keep a binder, notebook, or folder on your computer to collect and organize activities and artifacts. Once you have completed all of the lessons, you can complete your 4-H Project Record Book and turn it in to your local 4-H agent.
To participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently.
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available).
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.
- Using Bulk Purchase? Please inform those you purchase seats for. They will receive an email invitation immediately upon enrollment. For more help, read about bulk enrollments in Catalog.