Full course description
Registration will open August 15th
This course covers basic forage concepts and management principles such as plant physiology, establishment, management, nutrition, pest control, hay and baleage production, and more. The main goal of the course is for forage and livestock producers to enhance their overall management skills and improve the production and sustainability of their operations. After a student completes Forage Systems in South Carolina, they will receive a certificate of completion and a copy of the “Concepts and research-based guidelines for South Carolina Forage Systems” book.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the main concepts of forage physiology, growth, and production.
- Discuss the main forage establishment and management concepts.
- Discuss and describe the main forage legumes and grasses that are used in South Carolina.
- Establishment and management strategies
- Pest Control
- Hay and baleage production
- Forage-finished beef production
This is an introductory course, so there are no prerequisites requirements. Anyone is welcome to take the course. As for course requirements, participants are required to complete a pre-quiz, post-quiz, and watch a video for each of the 17 modules in the course. Each module should take around 30 minutes to complete, and participants must complete all 17 modules within 90 days of registering for the course.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.