Full course description
The South Carolina Certified Landscape Professional Program is an online, self-paced course designed to provide a basic working knowledge of sound horticultural and landscaping practices. This certification program is designed to teach landscape professionals best management practices for major components of urban landscapes in South Carolina.
By the end of this course, you will be able to...
Explain the importance of proper soil management and describe how soil management relates to plant nutrition.
Accurately identify common landscape trees, shrubs, and plants.
Explain and apply key turf management practices.
Describe integrated pest management standards and justify the importance of these standards for landscape professionals.
Identify and apply environmentally friendly landscape management practices.
Topics covered in this course include…
- Soils and plant biology
- Tree identification and care
- Turf management
- Shrubs, perennials, and annuals
- Spreader and sprayer calibration
- Water management for landscapes
- Low impact development
- Integrated pest management
The SCCLP Program is for all landscape professionals interested in growing their knowledge and skills in best practices for South Carolina landscapes.
In this fully online and self-paced course, you will learn by engaging in instructional videos, module quizzes, and a final exam. To successfully complete the course and earn certification, participants must complete all videos in each module, pass each module quiz with a score of 80% or better, and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better.
The total time commitment for this course is approximately 36 hours. The course has 9 instructional modules, and each requires about 3 to 4 hours to complete. Participants have 90 days from their date of registration and enrollment to complete the course.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.