Full course description
The goal of this online course is to help prepare participants for the Commercial Pesticide Applicator Exam (Core). This course is designed to help you focus on key points of the material to study as you prepare for your exam. Completing this course does not guarantee that you will pass the exam or earn your license.
Topics covered in Core: Applying Pesticides Correctly include…
- Principles of Pest Management
- Pesticide Labeling
- Pesticides and the Environment
- Special Environmental Conditions
- Harmful Effects and Emergency Response
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pesticide Handling Decisions
- Mixing, Loading, and Applying Pesticides
- Applying the Correct Amount
- Transportation, Storage, Disposal, and Cleanup
- South Carolina Laws and Regulations
This course is intended for commercial applicators who are required to be licensed in South Carolina.
In this fully online and self-paced course, each unit includes an instructional video and practice quiz. You will also take a pre-test and a full-length practice exam. This course is designed for preparation and practice only; it does not include an official certification exam. You can visit the Department of Pesticide Regulation to learn more and schedule exams.
This course will take about 3 to 4 hours to complete. Participants have 60 days from their date of registration and enrollment to access material and complete the course.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.