Full course description
This workshop is a packaging primer that describes the role of designing for sustainability in a circular economy. The course is divided into four, one-hour sessions and takes a holistic approach to packaging, starting with basics of packaging materials, why packaging matters, drivers of sustainability, current end-of-life scenarios and the opportunities of a total life-cycle design process.
- Why Do We Need Packaging?
- Environmental Impact of Packaging
- Packaging End-of-Life
- Influence of Sustainable Messaging on Consumer Decisions
Participants have 30 days to review all videos and materials.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at email@example.com/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.