Full course description
Now online, the popular Intro to Flexo workshop, taught by flexographic experts at Clemson University’s Sonoco Institute of Packaging Design and Graphics, is geared toward individuals needing fundamental knowledge of the flexographic printing process. This online course combines visual instruction coupled with interactive modules utilizing the Sonoco Institute’s STRIPE Online platform – a real-to-life simulation of the institute’s own pressroom ad narrow-web flexographic press.
- Overview of Major Printing Processes
- Image Reproduction
- Ink and Ink Delivery
- Flexographic Platemaking
- Press Component Identification
- Density and Tone Value
- Evaluating a Banded Anilox Test
- Measuring Color
- Prepress for Flexography
- Process Control and Troubleshooting
- Current Trends in Flexography
Participants must submit 11 module quizzes to complete the course.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at email@example.com/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.