Full course description
Roofing Management is a self-paced, fully online course. Participants will work through the course at their own pace and will be given 60 days to complete the course once registered. Throughout the course, participants will deepen their understanding of many different segments within the roofing industry. This course has been designed to provide a comprehensive understanding and study of essential elements that are critical to professional roof construction and management. Upon successful completion of all instructional modules and the final exam, participants will earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University and the Roofing Alliance – the Foundation of NRCA.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Interpret data to identify industry wide career patterns among roofing contractors, distributors, and manufacturers.
- Identify different types of roofing products, installation details and roofing components.
- Interpret building codes in roofing for energy, load, hail, and wind requirements.
- Identify how to make existing roofs sustainable, different types of sustainable roof options and their installation methods.
- Create roof estimating calculations using various software’s and technology.
- Create a roof schedule through efficient phasing of roof install.
- Understand common schedule delay items for a roofing project.
- Describe a risk minimization plan and explain how to resolve risks encountered during a project.
- Understand the role of insurance in the roofing industry.
- Understand the key factors for an efficient site logistics plan.
- Understand how to select and manage a qualified field crew for different types of roofing projects.
- Understand how to manage workman resources based on project scope and size.
- Identify different types of roofing equipment used for different roof applications.
- Develop a quality control plan through periodic inspections, material testing, documentation, and reports.
- Economics & Career Progression
- Types of Roofing Systems
- Building Codes in Roofing
- The Roofing Industry & The Environment
- Roof Estimating
- Roof Scheduling
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Site Logistics
- Field Crew Management
- Roofing Equipment
- Roofing Quality Control and Quality Assurance
To successfully complete this course and earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University, participants must actively engage in course material and complete all learning activities within the 60-day enrollment period.
Required Learning Activities:
- Completion of all eleven instructional modules by fully watching each instructional video, in the correct sequential order.
- Successful completion of the final exam with a minimum score of 75%.
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.