Full course description
Roofing Fundamentals is a self-paced, fully online course. Participants will work through the course at their own pace and will be given 60 days to complete the course once registered. Throughout the course, participants will deepen their understanding of many different segments within the roofing industry. This course has been designed to provide a comprehensive understanding and study of essential elements that are critical to professional roof construction. Upon successful completion of all instructional modules and the final exam, participants will earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University and the Roofing Alliance – the Foundation of NRCA.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the different entities involved in the roofing industry.
- Identify and describe the different types of roofing systems in the construction industry.
- Describe the sources and manufacture of roofing materials and their main components.
- Describe the assembly process of roofing materials into building systems.
- Describe the product types used, installation process, and problems to consider when working with different roofing systems.
- Understand the main components of an effective roof safety plan.
- Identify and describe the pertinent roofing details and sections using blueprints of different roofing components.
- Explain the basic components of how to estimate roofing projects.
- Identify and describe how to maintain the various roofing systems.
- Describe the use of aerial imaging in the roofing industry.
- Principles of Roofing
- Steep Slope Roofing Systems
- Multi Ply Roofing Systems
- Metal Roofing Systems
- Single Ply Roofing Systems
- Fluid Applied Roofing Systems
- Roofing Blueprints
- Roofing Specifications
- Roofing Estimating
- Roofing Safety
- Roof Repair and Maintenance
- Technology in Roofing
To successfully complete this course and earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University, participants must actively engage in course material and complete all learning activities within the 60-day enrollment period.
Required Learning Activities:
- Completion of all thirteen instructional modules by fully watching each instructional video, in the correct sequential order.
- Successful completion of the final exam with a minimum score of 75%
To Participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available)
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at email@example.com/
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.