Full course description
Roofing Management is a self-paced, fully online course. Participants will work through the course at their own pace and will be given 60 days to complete the course once registered. Throughout the course, participants will deepen their understanding of different business aspects in the roofing industry. This course has been designed to provide a comprehensive understanding and study of essential elements that are critical to successful business and leadership strategy, sales and marketing and procurement. Upon successful completion of all instructional modules and the final exam, participants will earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University and the Roofing Alliance – the Foundation of NRCA.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of roofing systems.
- Understand the difference in managing a roofing company versus a general contracting company.
- Understand the role of contracts with different stakeholders in managing the roofing business.
- Understand how to create a business plan for a roofing company that includes company structure, market data, organization missions, vision and values, roof specialization, location study, crew recruitment, quality, and availability, and team building.
- Interpret the regulations and requirements for starting and sustaining a roofing business.
- Understand the different leadership, communication, and negotiation tactics with various stakeholders to manage the roofing business.
- Develop a sales and marketing plan to promote a roofing business that includes strategies to attract, build and retain client relationships and projects.
- Identify different types of technology and online platforms to promote the roofing business.
- Understand the typical procurement process, timeline, and strategies to procure and source roofing material and equipment.
- Understand the business aspect of manufacturers and distributors in the roofing industry.
- Types of Roofing Systems
- Roofing Contractor vs. General Contractor
- Starting and Sustaining a Roofing Business
- Leadership, Culture & Communication
- Sales & Marketing
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Role Manufacturers
- Role of Distributors
To successfully complete this course and earn a certificate of completion from The Nieri Department of Construction, Development and Planning at Clemson University, participants must actively engage in course material and complete all learning activities within the 60-day enrollment period.
Required Learning Activities:
- Completion of all nine instructional modules by fully watching each instructional video, in the correct sequential order.
- Successful completion of the final exam with a minimum score of 75%.
To participate fully in this course, you will need:
- An active email address for the individual participating in the course.
- A desktop computer or laptop (recommended): Canvas is available on mobile devices, but some content may appear differently.
- Access to a high-speed internet connection.
- A web browser compatible with Canvas: Chrome and Firefox are recommended.
- Headphones or speakers (closed captioning also available).
- Computer skills including Internet browsing, using email, typing, downloading files, and basic troubleshooting.
- If you need help accessing or registering for a course, please contact Clemson Online at email@example.com.
- Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.
- Please do not contact CCIT regarding CPE courses. Please reach out to Clemson Online so that we can assist you.
- Using Bulk Purchase? Please inform those you purchase seats for. They will receive an email invitation immediately upon enrollment. For more help, read about bulk enrollments in Catalog.